Acupuncture, dryneedling, dry needling – these are all names for one method of treatment. We offer custom dryneedling treatment in Edmonton. Its essence boils down to the effect of thin needles on certain biologically active points on the human body.
Dryneedling is the main method of influencing biologically active points. The advantage of this method lies in the availability of use, simplicity of instrumentation, the possibility of carrying it out in any conditions and in a fairly rich practical experience of use. The classical method of acupuncture is understood as the effect on the body for therapeutic or prophylactic purposes with special needles inserted into certain areas of the skin (points) and underlying tissues.
Depending on the type of points, the disease itself and the technique of setting the needles, an acupuncture session can last up to an hour. Feelings during the procedure are usually significantly different, even for the same person. Sometimes needle insertion is completely painless.
The positive effect of dryneedling on the body is no longer disputed by modern medicine. This is confirmed not only by the opinion of the patients themselves, but also by serious clinical studies.
Dry needling Edmonton
Specialists dry needling Edmonton who work in this area have not only specialized education, but also vast experience. Dry needling can be called one of the oldest, most reliable and effective methods of treatment in the history of mankind. This is, in every sense, “traditional” medicine. The indications and need for dry needling are determined by specialist doctors at the reception after a conversation and special types of diagnostics in our dry needling Edmonton clinic.
Dry needling does not replace other methods
Dry needling may not always replace drug therapy. It does not require phasing out pharmaceuticals and works well with them. In some cases, it helps to gradually abandon drugs, but this result is not achieved immediately.
This method works best before starting medication, especially hormone therapy. In this case, it often helps to avoid it (for example, with bronchial asthma). But if surgical treatment is objectively indicated, it cannot be replaced by dryneedling.
Therapeutic Effects of dryneedling Physiotherapy Methods
Physiotherapy methods have the following therapeutic effect on the body:
- pain reliever (hypalgesia, less often analgesia);
- normalization of the ratio or increased formation of certain types of neurohumoral substances;
- stimulation of the release of endorphins and enkephalins in some areas of the brain and spinal cord;
- stimulation of the release (or normalization) of serotonin mainly in the suture nucleus and the posterior horn of the spinal cord;
- stimulation of the release of corticotropin and cortisone into the blood serum;
- normalization of many components of mediator metabolism (influence on the system of dopamine, acetylcholine);
- normalization of the ratio of triglycerides and phosphatides in blood serum, reduction of cholesterol levels;
- decrease in the level of uric acid;
- normalization of carbohydrate metabolism;
- normalization of vegetative-endocrine functions;
- improvement of microcirculation in many organs and systems;
- normalization of arterial and venous pressure;
- antispastic effect mainly on smooth muscle tissue, including a normalizing effect on the alimentary canal, uterus;
- normalizing effect on the functions of the brain and heart;
- increasing immunity and resistance to infections;
- weakening of the withdrawal syndrome in drug addiction;
- antidepressant and sedative effect.
Dry needling is a modern treatment designed to ease muscular pain. Dry needling is a treatment performed by skilled, trained physical therapists, certified in the procedure.